Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Ch-ch-changes.

I need to apologize. I have been far too quiet lately and for that I am sorry. Now here's something I am not sorry about…I AM ENGAGED!!! Yup. Connor (my partner in crime) asked me to marry him and I said yes so now he's my fiancĂ©! Now don't worry, this will not turn into a bridal blog. I've been engaged for just a few weeks and some days I don't even wanna talk about wedding planning so like it probably won't end up on here too much.

You're probably wondering so many things like how did he ask, what's the ring look like, when are you going to get married so I'll answer them. 
Last Wednesday, I had the day off. However, we were all invited to go watch a Rays game as an office. So , I went over to St. Pete for the game and rushed back to Lakeland as soon as it was over to enjoy the rest of my day off with Connor.  We ate some dinner together, went on a walk, and then decided to go Downtown.  The whole time I felt like he was trying to find a time to tell me something, but I couldn't figure out what it was.  Finally, we sat down at one of our spots in Downtown Lakeland by Lake Mirror. We were just talking about what the next few months would look like with my internship ending and Connor going up to Ft. Gordon (he's in the Army).  The conversation turned serious, and he began to say all of these nice things.  Then next thing I know hes in front of me down on one knee asking me to marry him! Of course I said yes!!

I can not even explain to you guys through this post how much I am looking forward to being married to Connor and spending the rest of our lives together. As for all of the other details, the ring is gorgeous.  Probably the coolest things about it are that it's vintage and the diamond is conflict free. As of right now, we're aiming for mid to late February for the wedding.  It's soon, but this way we will be married before he has to report to his first duty station in good ole Oklahoma.


As I settle into figuring out how to wedding plan, I will mix in posts to make sure I don't abandon my blog. Be sure to keep your eyes open for more regular posts soon! If you have ANY wedding planning advice or suggestions I am 100% open to hearing all of them! Send those bad boys my way!

Until next time,
Brandt

No comments:

Post a Comment