Pages

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Ikea Hack: Bar Cart

This post is 100% inspired by this pin via Pinterest: DIY: Ikea Bar Cart Hack

I pinned this a year or so ago, and have been dying to try it ever since. Bar carts are an obsession of mine. I love the way they can fill a space, and are really popular right now. I've never seen them in stores, and now Target has been carrying them for a few months now. Unfortunately, those bar carts run $130 or more. Ain't nobody got time for that. This is where that pin comes in-buy a utility cart from Ikea, add some spray paint, and you have a bar cart. It's perfect and about $100 cheaper.

Rewind to March of last year, Connor and I are buying stuff for our apartment at Ikea. They have the cart listed in the pin linked above. Ultimately, we don't buy it because our apartment was too small for a bar cart and we had already spent enough money on other things. I figured I could just come back later and get it. Fast forward to living in the new house. We go to Ikea one weekend and I think about buying the Bygel cart to turn into a bar cart. They discontinued it!!! I was pretty salty. Until I was randomly on the Ikea website one day and discovered they had a utility cart similar to the Bygel for $30!!! It's called the Sunnersta, and you can find it here. I finally bought it a month ago, and this past weekend I finished it with some spray paint.

While it's not super fancy, it was fast, cheap, and turned out nice.

Honestly, all I did was spray paint the sides of the cart with some gold(ish) spray paint.
Pro tip: spray paint the sides before you put the whole thing together.






Let it dry for 24 hours, or at least overnight, and then put it all together. You've got yourself a bar cart! Let me know if you try it or if you have other awesome Ikea hacks!

Until next time,
K. Shep

No comments:

Post a Comment