Pages

Friday, July 17, 2015

I love my lips.

I don't know about you, but I am a sucker for new lip glosses, balms, and stains.  My collection ranges anywhere from EOS lip balm and Maybelline's Baby Lips to Sephora lip glosses and Ulta lipsticks.  They are all great in my option and are in my daily rotation depending on my plans.  There's a new addition to my lip wear collection, and it's been my go-to every day this week.

PROVOCALIPS: 16 HR Kiss Proof Lip Colour by Rimmel London
I was casually browsing through my Instagram feed when I saw a post about these lip colors, so I decided to give them a try. Rimmel's website describes them as "kiss-proof, transfer-proof, trouble proof" with "up to 16 hours of lip liberation!" It is also advertised as "weightless" and providing "endless comfort." Sounds great, right?

During my last shopping trip, I decided to pick up a few shades and give em a go. I chose Dare to Pink-110 and I'll Call You-200.  I'm a fan of lighter pinks for more casual days, and fuchsia/darker pink shades for work and going out.  Dare to Pink is a lighter pink, and I'll Call You is a darker pink.

Dare to Pink.  Great color, but definitely not my favorite of the two.

I'll Call You: Love the color!

I'll be up front with you, I like I'll Call You much better than Dare to Pink.  Not because of the shade, but more because of the way it wears.  For some reason, the lighter shade seems to not apply as well as the darker shade.  When applying these make sure you leave your lips apart for 60 seconds between the color and the lock & shine.  I did not know to do this at first, and it really does help.  So, how well does it live up to it's expectations?  Well, these colors definitely last for 16 hours and you won't find traces of them on your straws and cups.  At the end of the day, my lips are still full of color.  Be sure to have some great make up remover on deck to remove it though.  It really does hold up well throughout the day.  I never find it on anything, and if I ever need to reapply its sometimes after lunch.  As far as comfort goes, I would say yes to feeling weightless and mostly yes for endless comfort.  I forget I'm wearing it sometimes, because it is weightless and never smudges.  For comfort, sometimes I feel like my lips are a little dry.  However, I tend to over moisturize my lips and this summer weather can also play a part in that.  The texture may take a little getting used to, but like I said it is very weightless.

Overall, I am a fan of these stains.  They are pretty comfortable, come in great colors, and last all day.  I would totally recommend them for casual, everyday wear. Want to get your hands on a shade or two and try them?  They're available in a ton of different places! Walmart, Target, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, Meijer, and Ulta.  You can even "try it on" using a feature on Rimmel London's website!  It's pretty wallet friendly too, averaging about $6.  I snagged mine for $5.84 at Target using a 10% discount through their Cartwheel app.  Ulta also has them on sale right now for $5.99, and they run about $6.50 at Walmart.  Oh, and it is available in 9 different shades, so you're bound to fall in love with one of them!
Decide to try it? Let me know which color you rocked, and how you liked it! Already use it? Tell me if you like it, or could do without it!

Until next time,
Brandt

No comments:

Post a Comment