Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2015

What's in my bag?

A girl's purse is a magical wonderland of various treasures.  Some ladies seem to have everything in their purses, while others seem to have barely anything at all.  I fall somewhere between those two categories, carrying what I consider to be the essentials.  From a Tide To-Go pen to a koozie, my purse contains the things I think I need on a day to day basis.



Wallet
Lets start off with something general, my wallet.  I love it! When I was "building" my purse before I started my job, I searched high and low for the perfect wallet.  I've had what feels like every style wallet out there-the longer ones, the wristlet ones, and even a trifold. While I don't mind those styles, I needed something that would fit in my new purse, and wouldn't break my bank.  One day at Target, I was checking out the wallets.  There mine was, and it was on sale!  It was the perfect size, and at $4.99 I couldn't say no.  I have a ton of store cards, but choose not to carry them around on a daily basis.  I usually will just use my phone number or e-mail at the store, or only take them with me if I'm planning on going to that particular store. This wallet is perfect for carrying around the basics!

Cosmetic Bag
This was another item that I searched for until I could find one that wasn't like $15.  I finally found it at either Walmart or Target, and I believe it was under $5.  I would consider this to be one of, if not the most, important things in my purse.  My mom has always carried one, and I usually thought it was ridiculous. She's a nurse (and a smart lady in general) and is always prepared for anything.  In my bag I carry a Tide To-Go pen, band aids, lotion, body spray, bobby pins, floss, lip balm, hand sanitizer, and lady products.  Bath and Body Works and Victoria's Secret have the best travel sized items that fit perfectly in these types of bags.  That's where I stock up on my hand sanitizer, body spray, and lotion. I cannot tell you how many times something in this bag has saved me!


The Essentials
There are items that I carry with me that fall into a miscellaneous category. Some items in my purse are purely in there for work.  I carry a tiny notebook around to keep quick notes on, my credentials, and A TON of pens with me every day. Besides that, everything else in my purse is a little random.  I'm not an extreme couponer or anything, but I carry a small coupon organizer in my purse.  I have a bad habit of forgetting to use coupons when I have them, but this way they're always with me.  Mints and lipstick or something of the sorts are two things I really try to not be without.  You never know when you'll need it!  It may be weird, but I also carry my headphones (and Lifeproof tail) with me all the time.  This way I have them if I need them, and never forget them when I go to the gym.  Plus, I always know where they are when I need them.  I carry not one, but two koozies in my purse.  I think it's mostly in case someone else needs one or I'm not in the mood for my Lilly one.  Either way, I think koozies are great to carry around.  Its a huge thing for me to make sure my sunglasses always make it back into their case; I have broken too many to not do this. Especially since I've started spending a few extra dollars on them. My dad tends to be a little overprotective (and a little overdramatic), so I also carry around some pepper spray.  Thankfully, I've never had to use it. The last essential I carry around with me is either my planner, a notebook, or my iPad.  Sometimes I carry only one, sometimes I carry all three.  I'm huge on being organized, and this helps if I need to jot something down or remember a date.

Crazy to think all of this fits in my medium sized purse, right?  It all fits pretty comfortably with some extra room to throw in my phone charger or anything I might need for the day.  I found my purse on sale at Versona for $17 and it's been a real trooper.  I love all of the compartments and that it zips up.  I was determined to not spend a ton of money on a purse, so this ended up being such a great deal. I also love that my purse unintentionally has a color theme...with the exception of a few things.


I carry some pretty random stuff around with me, but it's all come in handy at least once.  What do you consider to be your everyday essentials?

Until next time,
Brandt

No comments:

Post a Comment