Pages

Monday, July 25, 2016

Hottest Band in the World

"You wanted the best, you got the best! The hottest band in the world-KISS!"

Last week, Connor and I went to see KISS perform down the street at the Broadmoor World Arena here in Colorado Springs. Connor is a pretty huge KISS fan, and I figured it would be a cool experience to say I've seen them live. They are kind of legendary, after all. If you have no idea who I'm talking about, KISS is America's #1 Gold Record Award-winning group of all time. They are in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame and have sold over 100 million albums worldwide. Read up on some history here.

I learned a lot, and a ton of thoughts ran through my mind as I watched the show. Here is my collection of thoughts from that night (along with some sub-par pictures):

THE FANS:
"They are all probably feeling so nostalgic right now...like these are the songs they loved as teenagers or when they were in their 20's..."

"Is this what it's going to feel like when I eventually get to see the Backstreet Boys one day???"

"Shoot dude, everyone here is going wild! Forget it's a Monday night."

"I bet some people in here waited months or years to see KISS live."

"I can't even pretend that I could keep up with these fans..."

THE PERFORMANCE:
"Okay, those platform boots are super tall, like how are they running around in those?!?"

"They must have incredible leg muscles from wearing those things."

"How many times do you think they've tripped or fallen down on stage because of those things?"

"You think their legs are sore from wearing those night after night on tour?"

"I need some tips from them because I do not have that much grace even without platforms."

"Paul Stanley has the best pants for sure. I like his."

"Paul also has the best moves???? Like how is he doing that???"

"Alright, well I'm gonna go be Paul Stanley when I grow up."

"Gene is up on a platform suspended above the arena right now and just playing like it's no big deal. I would be terrified. Guess that's just me, though."

"This is very theatrical. Almost like Alica Cooper theatrical."

"Blood and fire???? Wow."






The fact that those guys are still up there doing this is pretty impressive. I don't think I could put on the show they do for almost 2 hours. It's cool that I get to say I've seen KISS live, but I think once might've been enough for me.

Until next time,
K.Shep

No comments:

Post a Comment