Pages

Friday, March 18, 2016

Confessions Pt. 2

Alright, this one isn't about Usher either. Sorry.

Wow. It's incredible how much things have turned around in a week. While there is still a long way to go until I feel completely settled, a lot has come together this past week.

The week started off with a two day long class on post aka Newcomers Orientation. I was pretty excited about this because A) I don't know nearly enough about post and B) I was really hoping to meet new people. This class really delivered! It kept me busy, I learned a lot, and got to meet new people! I was a little worried at first because sometimes I really drop the ball on these opportunities. I'll go into a shell and not meet people or I won't soak up the information presented to me. That is not what happened at all. There were four other wives in the class, all pretty new to Carson. Two had been here about the same amount of time as me and Carson was also their first post. It was so fun and refreshing to talk to other wives! Plus they were all so great! We've signed up to take more classes together, and it's nice to have met such kind and fun people. I also was able to learn so much about post and the resources available to me. I can't wait to take advantage of ACS and hopefully get more involved in the FRG. Plus, from talking to the other wives and our instructor I found a ton of new stuff to check out and explore in the area. Places that will make for great blog posts! Overall, those classes were a huge success.
The apartment is really starting to look complete. My goal is to have pictures and/or video done this weekend to finally share with the world. I don't have to dedicate as much time each day to working on the apartment, which is really nice. It's finally coming together in here.
I've gotten a lot accomplished this week in terms of adult things too. While I still haven't changed my name, I've gotten some new car insurance. Changing my name is in the plans for next week though. After I get that going, I can pretty much finish up everything else.
The job fair is tomorrow, and I'm hoping for the best. I've also found comfort in not having a job right now though. Financially, we're fine. These things take time, but I do see it happening soon.
What makes everything even better? The people of Colorado Springs are so friendly! We've ran into a few people that are from Florida, or spent some time in Florida. It's so refreshing to talk to someone who knows what this transition is like. Even if they're not from Florida, they are always so quick to welcome us and then suggest at least five things we can't miss out on while we're here. They love to talk and it never seems forced. It's great to be in a community where people genuinely like to talk with other people.

Yesterday was my birthday, and I had so much fun. I was really worried about how it would turn out. There was nothing to worry about though! I woke up whenever I wanted, I planned out what I wanted to do, and then I did it! I went shopping (and found some really good deals). Connor surprised me with a cake and candles, and he even got off work like an hour early. We went to a nice steak house downtown, and then checked out some places down there after dinner. There's a brewery here that transformed an old schoolhouse into their home. We've been dying to go, and we finally got to see it last night. Basically, I had a really great birthday. It was the perfect way to spend the day.

I know this post isn't as long as detailed as Confessions Pt. 1, but I've come a long way since I wrote that. I am feeling so much better, and really think I'm making moves in the right direction. Colorado Springs is such an awesome place to live. We're so excited about the time we have left here. It's snowing pretty much all day today, which is really fun (for now)! I woke up and ran outside to play in it! Then I came straight back in because it's a little too cold for this Florida girl.
Thank you to everyone who read my last post and reached out to me last week. It wasn't easy to put out there, but I think it was worth it.

Until next time,
Brandt

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Glad you're feeling more settled and you had a great birthday! Colorado sounds like a really nice place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like all is working out it just takes a little time. Being in the military believe me they're all family and they look out for each other and they party quite well too! Enjoy. So happy you're Birthday was awesome too. Hugs

    ReplyDelete