Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

United States Air Force Academy

Our first (real) weekend here, Connor and I went to check out the United States Air Force Academy (USAFA).  It's located right here in Colorado Springs, only a little bit further up the mountain from us. It's gorgeous! Especially the Cadet Chapel. I'll let the pictures do the talking though.


Seriously in love with the mountain as a backdrop!


 








There was even an Air Force baseball game going on!!! Also, snow. That white stuff is snow...

I wish I would've taken more pictures, but hopefully you get the idea from the pictures I did take. The chapel was really my favorite though. It's two levels. The top half is the Protestant chapel (the first three pictures of the inside). On the bottom level they have they Catholic chapel (two pictures after the Protestant chapel), a Buddhist prayer room, and Temple for their Jewish students. The picture of the purple and blue stain glass window is from the lower level with the Buddhist prayer room and the Temple. I wasn't quite comfortable with taking too many pictures down there honestly.  I didn't want to accidentally disrespect their religion.  The baseball game going on was just the cherry on top. We stumbled upon it and decided to stay for a few innings. Definitely wouldn't mind going to a few more. 

To be honest, the whole time I felt like we were cheating on the Army. It was really cool to learn more about the Academy though. Fun fact: the freshman can only walk on the white tiles on the sidewalks. Anyway, this was just the first of many Colorado Springs adventures. More to come! 

Until next time,
Brandt

No comments:

Post a Comment