Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's Day

I realized I've never shared any Valentine's Day stories on here! You guys are missing out because Connor and I have the strangest track record with this holiday. To elaborate, I'll tell you the stories of our past three Valentine's Day adventures with you.

2014: This was our first Valentine's Day together. I didn't know what Connor had planned because it had been a surprise. I had no clue what we were doing or when to be ready by or what to wear. I was hanging out in my apartment waiting for some idea of when and where we were going when one of my Kappa Delta sisters texted me. She asked if I wanted to go to Palace Pizza (aka the best pizza joint in Lakeland, FL) and even though I wasn't hungry I said sure. Since I had just been hanging out I was in like running shorts and a big t-shirt. When she got there I thought it was strange she asked me if I was going to change. I didn't change because we were just going to Palace, right? Anyway we go to Palace and order pizza...to go? Then she starts driving to Lake Mirror and tells me she wants to show me a playground she used to go to growing up. I didn't even think this was weird. Well she wasn't showing me any playground, she was taking me to my Valentine's Day surprise. Connor is the sweetest human being and planned a picnic by Lake Mirror for us. There were even Publix subs. I was definitely surprised and it was certainly cute but I was a little mad that I didn't end up changing. We still enjoyed our picnic and my sorority sister left to eat her pizza. The rest of the day we spent hanging out and then eventually spending time with our friends. It was memorable and went off without a hitch, but to this day I wish I would've at least been wearing make up.

2015: This one was an actual nightmare. I was interning for the Tigers at the time and I had an airport run that morning to pick up a coach or drop off a car. After that, I was going home to change and figure out what Connor's surprise was (see a pattern here?). When I was leaving Tiger Town (aka the stadium) my tire pressure light came on. I went home and told Connor about it, but he said it was fine and we could drive my car. I know nothing about cars, so I trusted him and we were on our way. I had no clue where we were going and my tire pressure light never went off. Turns out we were headed to Sarasota where Connor had planned for sushi dinner at a restaurant he loves. Absolutely none of this happened though because once we reached Sarasota, my tire went flat. My car doesn't have a spare tire, only something similar to fix a flat. I have AAA so I called them hoping they could come fix my tire and the night would go on, but this is where all the problems start. AAA doesn't show up, so I keep calling them. They continue to not show up. I eventually decide to just get my car towed to a tire shop and see what they can do the next day. Only AAA actually never showed up and I'll never forgive them for this. Connor decides we should call his mom and see if her spare tire will fit my car. She drives all the way to Sarasota and we end up leaving my car there overnight. At like 2 or 3 in the morning we get to Connor's grandma's house in Sebring and stay the night there. The next morning we go back to Sarasota to figure out how to get my car back to Lakeland. Somehow we get it to a Firestone and I get a new tire. This is the extremely condensed version, but after an exhausting 48 hours we get back to Lakeland and I got a new tire for Valentine's Day.
I still get annoyed over all of this, but we still loved each other after it was all over.

2016: I kept trying to remember what we did last year for Valentine's Day and then I realized we didn't do anything. We were so close to the wedding and Connor was here in Colorado.

2017: Since we got married so close to Valentine's Day, we really just combine the two. It works out nice and saves us some stress. We plan to do little things on Valentine's Day like flowers and chocolates. Celebrating our anniversary will be the bigger deal though.

Hopefully there's not a pattern here with Valentine's Day mishaps. If there is at least we'll always have stories to tell!

Happy Valentine's Day!
K. Shep

No comments:

Post a Comment