Pages

Monday, February 20, 2017

Weekly Obsession [2/16/17]

This week's obsession: my Fitbit Alta.

Last Christmas, Connor got me a Fitbit Charge. I was so excited because I had really been wanting one. It was awesome; I loved it. Sometime around the following August, the band started to separate from the actual tracker. I was pretty sad. I decided to reach out to Fitbit about it, and the customer service was awesome! It hadn't been a full year so they told me they could replace it. Awesome. Turns out that they had stopped making the original Charge though, because they had just come out with the Charge 2 and a few newer trackers. Bummer. So, they told me they'd like to send me an Alta free of charge-back to awesome!

I told them that was great and I'd love it. I figured the Alta could only be an upgrade because it had text and call notifications and you can change the band on it. A few weeks later it came in the mail and so far I honestly love it! It has quite a few upgrades such as automatically tracking workouts and reminding me to get up and move every hour. I already have a black and a teal colored band and I can't wait to get more (aka the navy blue one). The only downside is that the Alta doesn't track floors, or how many flights of stairs you've climbed. I missed it at first, but honestly I never thought it was very accurate on my Fitbit Charge anyway because some days I'd have an outrageous number of flights of stairs when I knew I hadn't climbed that many.

Overall, I'd give the product a 9/10. I've only had one problem with it so far and it wasn't anything a simple reset couldn't fix. Who out there has a fitness tracker? A Garmin? Apple watch? What do you love about it, and what do you wish yours had? I'm pretty in love with my Fitbit, but I'm always curious about what else is out there. Do you also have a Fitbit? Add me and lets face-off in a step challenge-I love 'em!

Until next time,
K. Shep

No comments:

Post a Comment