Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Weekly Obsessions 2/3/16

This is another new thing that I'm trying: weekly obsessions.  Here you will find what I can't get enough of this week.  Some weeks it might be some music, a Netflix show or two, or anything else that I'm in love with at the time. So, without further ado here are my obsessions this week:

JAMS:
There are two songs I have had on repeat lately. "XO" by Beyonce and "Roses" by The Chainsmokers.  "XO" isn't even that new, but I heard an American Idol audition where a girl killed it, and then I just kept listening to it over and over...and still am. With the wedding coming up I'm just really feeling it.  Then there's "Roses."  I wouldn't say that I'm someone who listens to a lot of EDM or the electronic music that's really big these days.  Every once in awhile, one will come along that I love and this is one of those.


SHOWS:
A few months ago, probably in December, I remember watching a video for this new Netflix documentary series with Chelsea Handler.  It was awesome! I couldn't wait for the show to come out.  Then I forgot that the release date was in January.  Chelsea Does...is now streaming on Netflix and it is SO funny! I have to limit myself to only one episode at a time (mostly because they're around an hour each) so I don't blow through them all too soon.  I want them to last forever. Warning: it contains extremely adult content! Some of it makes me really uncomfortable, but the funny moments make up for it.  Each episode, Chelsea explores a new topic.  Marriage, Silicon Valley, and racism are just a few of the topics she touches on.  I love documentaries and to broaden my horizons, so when they are funny and in episode form-I am sold.


MAKEUP:
For months, my plan has been to do my own makeup for the wedding. Mostly to save money, but also because I don't mind doing my makeup.  For big events like this, I find it really fun!  So, for Christmas I asked for Urban Decay's Naked3 pallet.  I was drawn to all of the pinks and browns and couldn't wait to play with them! I've been trying to use it sparingly, because it is for the wedding. Lately, I've been treating myself and using it in everyday wear though. I'm so in love with it.  The shadows go on so easily and all play well together.  They pop and were definitely worth every penny! Even though I've never owned or really tried Naked or Naked2, I'd say this is the only one I'd need.




















So, there ya have it! My weekly obsessions.  Anything you're obsessed with this week? Let me hear all about it! Maybe I'll become obsessed with it too.

Until next time,
Brandt

No comments:

Post a Comment